Signs of Illness in Cats
Pets don’t always make it obvious that they’re feeling unwell. Try keeping an eye out for these signs, and contact us immediately if you observe any of them in your cat:
• Decreased appetite
• Changes in behavior
• Hiding more more often
• Crying/vocalizing more than normal
• Sneezing, coughing, or wheezing
• Drinking and urinating more often
• Going outside of the litter box
• Urinating less often and in smaller amounts
• Unable to pass stool
• Blood in urine
What Diseases Can My Cat Get?
Some of the most common health problems affecting cats include:
• Upper respiratory infections
• Kidney disease
• Lower urinary tract disease/urinary tract blockage
• GI problems such as diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting
How Our Animal Hospital Can Help
Annual cat exams make it easier for us to detect possible health issues in your pet and treat them before they become more complex. Without regular checkups, their condition will likely get worse and be much more difficult to resolve later on.
Schedule an appointment with your veterinarian once a year so we can examine your cat from nose to tail, run blood tests to screen for parasites and monitor organ function, and recommend any treatments we think they’ll need. We also encourage you to ask any questions that come to mind about your pet’s care during your visit with us. Contact Always Compassionate Veterinary Care at (412) 882-3070 to request an appointment today!